Soaking in bathroom tub:
Bathtubs are not merely functional entities that facilitate daily cleansing. Soaking in bathtub offers many health benefits including stress relief, alleviation of sleeping problems, and lower blood pressure. Immersing yourself in warm water calms internal organs and endocrine system by stimulating nerves on the spinal cord. However, you can also benefit from taking a cold bath, which will invigorate and stimulate your body. Soaking in bath tub is a popular leisure activity that is often recommended for its healing benefits, and is ideal to unwind after a long day.
6 Great Things to Add to Your Bath
- Add Sea Salt=> Research indicates improvement in the immune system after sea salt bath therapy, increasing the body’s natural healing power and activating the body’s own healing mechanisms. A sea salt bath may help with many things including: improved sleep, arthritis, stress, and bronchitis. Restorative mineral rich sea salt combined with a soak in a warm bath relaxes tired muscles. It is also has an antiseptic effect on the skin and reduces histamine that causes inflammation and itching, and help the body rid itself of toxins and unused by-products of metabolism via the lymph system.
- Add Bath and Shower Gel => Today Shower gels also have as much variety as Soaps do, but with added advantages. Bath gel, also called shower gel, comes in so many scents. Floral, fruit and spice scents are among the most popular. It is can be used in place of bubble bath solution.
- Add Essential Oils => Bathing with essential oils must be one of the most relaxing ways to attend to your ablutions, and adding soft candlelight to soothe your frayed nerves at the end of a busy day, is a great way to unwind.
- Add Flower Petals => The aroma and scent of flowers that are naturally found in flowers have chemical reactions to soothe the mood and mind of humans. Take a handful of flower petals. Any mix flowers will do good. Place them directly into a bathtub filled with water at room temperature. Once you immersed your body in with flower petals around you, your bath immediately becomes a natural, relaxing cleansing with rejuvenating remedy.
- Add Honey => Honey is great for soothing irritated skin, softening, and detoxifying. Use honey especially when you’re using oils in the tub, it helps to protect the skin from the damage of the sun’s rays, supports the skin’s ability to rejuvenate and refresh depleted skin, leaving it feeling silky soft and supple.
- Add Milk => A milk bath leaves your skin feeling soft and supple. The fat and protein in the milk provides this immediate benefit in your bath water. The milk also helps exfoliate the skin for additional softness. The lactic acid in milk helps clean and soften the skin. The milk hydrates the skin, preventing dryness.
5 things for a perfect bath
- Bath Pillow => When you are laying in a bath, It’s nice to have your head on something nice and soft. Using a bath pillow to support your head and neck as you lounge in the tub is the most effective way to prevent muscle strains or pain.
- Candles => There is nothing more relaxing then the flicker of candles. If you like scented candles, pick a scent that you really find relaxing and soothing. Tea candles are great for baths being that they are small enough to go around the tub.
- Music => Bring in your ipod and play your favorite, soothing music. Before you know it, your bathroom will be transformed into a quiet, tranquil oasis.
- Loofah => Natural loofah massage sponges have been used throughout history in many Eastern Cultures like India, China, Japan as a way to soften and clean the skin. It helps to improve the appearance of your skin, stimulate circulation, and make your skin healthier. You can use either a loofah, exfoliating gloves or a body exfoliating brush that give you a thorough cleaning experience. Start at the soles of the feet and work your way up.
- Body Lotion => After your bath, continue the luxury by moisturizing your skin with a high quality body lotion. Moisturizing after every shower and bath is key to keeping your skin at its healthy, supple best.
Bathing is fun. Whether you are surrounded by rubber duckies, flower petals or colored sea salts, bathing transports you into another world. Bathing gives you something to look forward to at the end of a hard day, a gift to yourself that will energize, soothe, soften, and relax you from the inside out.