Jakarta is getting very hot lately. The sun is shining brightly, never hide behind the clouds. If you are a very active person, don’t forget to apply sun screen to protect your skin. Your skin can burn if it gets too much sun without proper protection from sunscreen and clothes. To help heal and soothe stinging skin, it is important to begin treating sunburn as soon as you notice it.
Getting a sunburn is a very bad idea, its looks bad, hurts, peels and inflicts long-lasting, wrinkle-inducing damage. After sun treatment is as important as sun screen treatment. So here are some ways to ease the pain and maybe, just maybe, limit the damage…
1. Act Quickly – If you feel the tale-tell tingling of a burn or see any sign of skin reddening on yourself get out of the sun and start treatment.
2. Put a cold towel on your skin – Do this for 10 or 15 minutes a few times every day. That will help take some of the heat out of your skin. You also can take frequent cool baths or showers to help relieve the pain. As soon as you get out of the bathtub or shower, gently pat yourself dry, but leave a little water on your skin. Then, apply a moisturizer to help trap the water in your skin. This will help ease the dryness.
3. Hydrate – Sunburn makes you get very dry inside, so you need to drink a lot. Drinking extra, juice and sports drinks water when you are sunburned helps prevent dehydration.
4. Leave blisters alone – If your skin blisters, don’t pop them because that makes the sunburn worse. Blistering skin means you have a second-degree sunburn. Allow the blisters to heal and protect you from infection.
5. Moisturize – After a cool shower or bath, slather on a moisturizing cream or lotion to soothe the skin. Repeat frequently to make peeling and flaking less noticeable.
Although sunburn may seem like a temporary condition – a result of skin receiving too much exposure from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays could cause long-lasting damage to the skin. This damage increases a person’s risk for getting skin cancer, making it critical to protect the skin from the sun.
Pevonia Botanica After Sun Soothing Gel relieve painful sunburn and immediately decrease your skin’s temperature with this cooling and refreshing gel. A potent compound of Proline and Water Lily extract, combine to soothe, desensitize, and gently alleviate your sun-sensitive skin.
With key ingredients to soothing and cooling such as : Water Lily Green Tea and Chamomile, You could use Pevonia Botanica After Sun Soothing Gel after sun exposure by applying evenly all over your face and body.